A graduate of L'École des Hautes Études Commerciales in 2007 and of the University of Montreal in 2010, Me Jean-Philippe Desabrais joined the Prévost Fortin D'Aoust team in 2010 as a student. After completing his Bar training with PFD, he has been practicing there since his admission to the Bar in 2011.
Me Desabrais is part of the PFD Construction department, and he also directs his practice in civil and commercial litigation. Me Desabrais is responsible for advising clients, general contractors, specialized contractors, sub-contractors and material suppliers. He represents them before the various legal authorities, in particular on questions relating to construction / design defects, extras, Quebec Bid Depository System (BSDQ) rules, arbitration, perception, etc.
Me Desabrais has, in the course of his practice, provided trainings, including one dealing with public procurement authority at the Corporation of General Contractors, as well as training offered monthly to the public, given in collaboration with the Court of Quebec in small claims.
Actively involved in his community, Me Desabrais is investing his time in the following organisations:
- President of the board of directors of the Thérèse-de Blainville Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCITB) since 2018;
- Member of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry's (CCITB) directors board since 2015;
- Director of the Les Bâtisseurs committee(youth division of the CCITB), an organisation promoting entrepreneurship among young people (television program broadcast on MaTV).
- In addition, he has been on the board of directors of the Laurentides-Lanaudière Young Bar Association since 2016;
- Me Desabrais represents the Young Bar on the Liaison Committee of the Court of Québec at the Saint-Jérôme Courthouse since 2016;
- He sits on the Board of Directors of the Laurentides-Lanaudière Bar, since 2019;
- He also is a representative of the Laurentides Lanaudière Bar on the National round table on small claims, since 2017.