The dynamic and professional team of PFD Avocats is made up of more than a hundred people who have contributed to providing high quality legal services for more than 80 years now. Some fifty lawyers specializing in ten legal fields are supported by a team of technicians and legal assistants dedicated and interested in the practice of law.
The firm that we know today is based on a rich history that began in 1937 thanks to Me Joseph Fortier. Until then prothonotary of the judicial district of Terrebonne, Me Fortier left his position to launch his own practice which, over the years, would become our firm.
The lawyers who succeeded Me Fortier at the head of the firm have maintained a reputation for integrity inherited from the founder and have been able to preserve the trust of an already well-established clientele. Over the years, talented and experienced lawyers have joined the firm and the range of expertise has diversified and multiplied. The firm has therefore never ceased to grow, both in terms of team members and clients who entrust us with their business.
In addition to providing very high quality legal services, the firm is proud to have counted in its team several lawyers who have acceded to the judiciary:
- The Honorable Amélie Chouinard, appointed administrative judge at the Administrative Labor Tribunal in 2021;
- The Honorable Jean-François Mallette, appointed judge at the Court of Quebec in 2020;
- The Honorable Stéphane Sansfaçon, appointed judge to the Superior Court in 2011 and to the Quebec Court of Appeal in 2019;
- The Honorable Patrick Choquette, appointed judge at the Court of Quebec in 2017;
- The Honorable Claude Auclair, appointed Superior Court judge in 2004;
- The Honorable André Rochon, appointed judge to the Superior Court in 1994 and to the Quebec Court of Appeal in 2002;
- The Honorable André Forget, appointed judge to the Superior Court in 1982 and to the Quebec Court of Appeal in 1996;
- The late Honorable Guy Mathieu, appointed judge of the Superior Court in 1969.
For the last several years, Mes Forget and Rochon have returned to PFD Lawyers firm as legal advisers. They primarily act as arbitrators and mediators in major litigation cases and lead the PFD | private payment methods. All members of the firm can count on their great expertise and their mastery of all aspects of the law.
Over time, we have grown with our clients and have opened offices in Boisbriand, Laval, Montreal and Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, in addition to maintaining our head office in Saint-Jérôme.
For more than 80 years now, PFD Lawyers has been proud of its rich heritage and continues its tradition of excellence towards its clients and business partners.